Mental Health Association of Maryland is seeking an Accountant from the small business or not-for-profit environment. This is a great opportunity for someone with a record of accomplishment who is eager, sharp and has a good grasp on the general responsibilities of an accounting department We are looking for someone with the ability to perform the full cycle accounting operation functions: A/P, A/R, general ledger, bank reconciliation, report preparation, and payroll submission. Experience with QuickBooks and grant financial reporting is preferred.
The successful candidate will have or demonstrate:
- Three years or more experience in full cycle accounting related duties with emphasis on general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and monthly management and financial reports.
- Ability to complete internal and external grant financial reports accurately and on schedule.
- Able to maintain necessary records to ensure compliance with all grant requirements.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with peers.
- Demonstrate ability to create and manage EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Demonstrable competence using accounting applications, QuickBooks, MS Office applications, E-Mail and the Internet.
Bachelor’s or associates degree in accounting or related field. Other areas of degree(s) in unrelated fields will be taken into consideration with direct experience in an accounting environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter, with salary requirements, to email@example.com or fax to 443-901-0039.
MHAMD has internship opportunities available for policy, program management and communications. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.